Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
B Deck, also called the Bridge Deck, was the top weight-bearing deck and the uppermost level of the hull. It was the third of ten decks on the Titanic. More First Class passenger accommodations were located here, with six palatial cabins featuring their own private promenades.
On Titanic, the A La Carte Restaurant and the Café Parisien provided luxury dining facilities to First Class passengers. Both were run by subcontracted chefs and their staff; nearly all were lost in the disaster because they weren't considered crew members, and they of course weren't passengers. The very few staff members who did survive were allowed on deck because they were coincidentally wearing casual clothes and the officers thought them to be passengers.
The raised forecastle of the ship was forward of this deck, accommodating Number One hatch (the main hatch through to the cargo holds), various pieces of machinery and the anchor housings. Aft of the Bridge Deck was the raised Poop Deck, which was used as a promenade by Third Class passengers. It was where many of Titanic's passengers and crew made their last stand as the ship sank. The forecastle and Poop Deck were separated from the Bridge Deck by well decks.
Notable areas Edit
- the À la Carte Restaurant
- Forecastle deck
- Second Class Smoke Room
- Café Parisien
- Poop Deck, with Docking Bridge
- B-3: Elisabeth Walton Robert
- B-5: Elisabeth Walton Allen and Georgette Alexandra Madill
- B-22: Captain Crosby and his wife Catherine
- B-26: Harriette Crosby
- B-35: Léontine Pauline Aubart and Emma Sägesser
- B-36: Helen Ragnhild Østby
- B-49: Dickinson H. Bishop and Helen Bishop
- B-52/54/56: Bruce Ismay
- B-82: Benjamin Guggenheim and Victor Giglio
- B-94: William Henry Harrison
- B-96/98: William and Lucile Carter and their children Lucile and William
|Decks of the Titanic|
|Boat Deck · A Deck · B Deck · C Deck · D Deck · E Deck · F Deck · G Deck · Orlop Deck · Tank Top|