The C Deck, also called the Shelter Deck, was the highest deck to run uninterrupted from stem to stern. It included the two well decks. It was the fourth deck, counting from the highest deck, the Boat Deck.
The C-deck is globally devided in stern, bow and large middle hull, with a smaller middle part more to the back, going towards the stern.
The bow contained mainly the facilities for crew members, like the galley and mess of firemen, seamen and trimmers. No berths. In the very front there's some gear for the capstans and bolders.
The stern had the aft Well Deck (which served as a Third Class promenade). Below the Poop Deck were some Third Class public rooms, like a general room and a smoke room. There is also some gear at the very end similiair to that of the bow. At the end of the middle part there's a moderate promenade for second class, their libary and the larger middle part contains mainly very luxury first class state rooms, just a bit less expensive and a bit less luxury than the one's on A Deck and B Deck.
In the very middle the grand staircase and more to the back there's a saloon for maids and valets. Special to note is the first class barber shop, found at the other side of the engine room casing, so parallel to the maids and valets salon.
The C-deck lays 14 metres above the water line. It started to flood at around 1:25AM, which is when the bow of the ship started to go down.
Notable areas Edit
- First Class Barber Shop
- Second Class Library
- Purser's Office
- Forward Well Deck
- Aft Well Deck
- Third Class Smoke Room
- Third Class General Room
- Maid's and Valet's Saloon
- C-7: Caroline Bonnell and Mary Natalie Wick
- C-22: Hudson and Bess Allison
- C-24: Loraine Allison and Sarah Daniels
- C-26: Trevor Allison and Alice Cleaver
- C-30: Harry Markland Molson
- C-32: Ella White and Marie Young
- C-51: Archibald Gracie
- C-53: Gilbert Tucker
- C-54: Margaret Hays, Olive Earnshaw and Lily Potter
- C-55: Isidor & Ida Straus
- C-68: John and Marian Thayer
- C-70: Jack Thayer
- C-78: The Minahan family: William, Lillian and their daughter Daisy
- C-80: George and Eleanor Widener
- C-82: Harry Widener
- C-86: Walter and Mahala Douglas
- C-108: John Maguire
- C-110: Walter Porter
- C-123: Jacques Heath Futrelle
- C-83: Henry and Irene Harris
- C-126: Elmer and Juliet Taylor
- C-148: Karl Behr
|Decks of the Titanic|
|Boat Deck · A Deck · B Deck · C Deck · D Deck · E Deck · F Deck · G Deck · Orlop Deck · Tank Top|